You are eighty-six per cent more likely to work out when you feel pretty in your workout gear.
OK, so I totally made that figure up but like pretty much everything else, sumo squats and downward dogs are way more awesome when you look cute and feel great. I know my workouts do my body good, but I like to feel pretty while I’m at it. I even bought a pretty yoga mat because I have a problem and pretty things make me feel happy.
If you’re like me, you often have to make a handful of stops between your Zumba workout or yoga class and actually getting home again. Whether you're grocery shopping or grabbing coffee with the girls post-workout, there is just no need for frumpy sweats outside of your living room’s Netflix marathon. NONE. I have a “no sweats in public” rule for myself, but the reality is that I often don’t have time (read: energy) to spend changing clothes at the gym so I try to choose cute workout gear that is still comfortable, supportive and moisture-wicking and doesn’t make me look like a slob (juuuuuuust in case I run into Mr. He May Just Be The One).
Finding workout gear that works for my needs and my budget can be a challenge all its own, but I love the Active by Old Navy line for great prices and cute styles. How fun are the bright colours and cute cuts? Gah! It makes me want to put on my workout gear and move!
I can’t help you reach your fitness goals, but these pieces are sure to make you feel gorgeous while you’re grimacing your way through that last set of pushups!
1. Women’s Active by Old Navy Compression Tank - $21.94, online and in-stores
2. GapFit Reversible Headband - $9.95, online and in-stores
3. GapFit Brushed Running Hoodie - $38.99 (reg. $49.99), online and in-stores
4. Women’s Active by Old Navy Compression Capri - $24.94, online and in-stores
5. Forever 21 Reversible Snowflake Bra - $16.80, online and in-stores
6. GapFit GFast Heathered Leggings - $59.95, online, and in-stores
7. Fitness Basics Cherry Blossom Yoga Mat - $22.05, Amazon.com
And I'm (fairly) confident that the Leggings Police won't arrest you for wearing workout leggings that cute in public. If it happens, I'll bail you out.