There is a lot of conversation, these days, about the types of cosmetics ingredients to avoid when shopping. Very rarely are there articles espousing the benefits of ingredients that work well and can actually have a profound effect on the skin.
Below is my must seek list of cosmetics ingredients (and of course why):
AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) — these compounds have multiple benefits for the skin.
3. Increases collagen and elastin synthesis
4. Reduces visible wrinkles through increased water retention
5. Regenerates protein
DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) — this compound is one of the most effective for skin especially sensitive.
1. Reduces visible pores.
2. Stimulates acetylcholine release which triggers muscle response.
3. Provides visible results, on skin, within 20 minutes of application.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) — this compound reduces pain caused by sensitivities.
1. Provides sulfur to the skin to allow natural healing.
2. Repairs cuts, scrapes, burns, acne and environmental damage on the skin.
3. Reduces scar tissue.
4. Feeds the formation of collagen cross links.
Rooibos Tea Extract — this extract is a powerful anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial agent.
1. Rich in calcium which builds density in the skin.
2. Mimics Super Oxide Dismutase which neutralizes free radicals.
3. Vitamin C content which provide skin retexturing benefits.
Special thanks to Kayla Fioravanti for her research and published work, which helped greatly in the writing of this article.