This recipe is so much more than the sum of its parts. It’s absolutely scrumptious and unbelievably easy to make. Packaged in a festive tin or gift box, it makes a wonderful hostess gift — and no one will guess how simple it is!
3 cups good quality dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy canes (5-6 regular sized ones)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place candy canes in a zippered plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush the candy canes to little bits. Don’t worry about uniformity here – there is room for all the candy parts, big and small. You should have about 1/2 cup of crushed bits – add more candy canes if need be (or eat the bits, if you crushed too many).
- In the top of a double boiler, and slowly melt chocolate chips over simmering water, stirring often.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, smoothing it out so that it is about 1/4–1/3 inch thick. Immediately sprinkle the crushed candy canes over top all the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes, or until set.
- Break the bark into pieces and store in the refrigerator.
IMAGE SOURCE: YMC