I'm sure you've heard the old adage, you are what you eat. We all want to look beautiful, so wouldn’t it be great if what we eat made us fit, healthy and beautiful all at the same time?
Look no further because what you eat affects not only your health (and your waistline) but it also affects your appearance. Eating the right foods can help you look beautiful, feel more attractive, and keep you healthy and youthful far longer than you ever imagined!
Here are ten things you should eat in order to look beautiful:
- Oily Fish: Believe it or not, polyunsaturated fats from oily fish are essential for healthy skin and hair. Oily fish are full of omega3 fatty acids which are great for banishing dry hair and skin. So if you want your hair to shine and your skin to look more youthful and beautiful, you need to include oily fish such as salmon, anchovies, sardines, herrings, mackerel or tuna in your diet.
- Olive Oil: Lovers of Mediterranean food believe that olive oil improves your vitality and makes your skin glow. Olive oil is high in Vitamin E and has lots of antioxidants which increases blood flow to your skin. It is great for repairing dry, damaged hair and giving your skin a wonderful, youthful glow.
- Broccoli: Your mother knew a thing or two when she told you to eat your greens! Green vegetables are packed full of Vitamin C which helps fight the signs of aging by keeping your skin looking youthful, firm and supple. Here's one of YMC's most popular broccoli recipes.
- Oysters: Raw oysters are high in selenium which helps reduce the suns damage to your skin and is also high in zinc which helps your skin to regenerate. Zinc also lowers the amount of oils in your skin, reducing acne and blackheads, and giving your skin a healthy glow.
- Green Tea: Drinking green tea helps to keep your skin hydrated and is packed with antioxidants to help protect you from the aging effects of free radicals and sun damage.
- Tomatoes: Who would have thought that the humble tomato was so high in Lycopene (an antioxidant) that it is the main ingredient in ‘beauty pills’? We all know that antioxidants help protect us against the visible signs of aging, but did you know that the redder the tomato the more antioxidants it contains? And the more antioxidants the better protected you are against UV rays. This means smoother, less wrinkled skin and all due to the tomato.
- Avocados: Did you know that avocados are a fruit and not a vegetable? Did you also know that it is considered a super food? Avocados are full of Glutathione which is a powerful antioxidant helping to keep your skin feeling soft and supple and you looking beautiful and radiant! Here are some of YMC's fave avocado recipes.
- Oranges: As we age our skin tends to lose it firmness, but the high doses of vitamin C in oranges helps to restore our skin’s collagen. This firms up our skin resulting in fewer wrinkles and other signs of aging such as dry, scaly skin.
- Berries: Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, they may be small but they are packed with Vitamin C! Like oranges, berries help in the production of collagen and aid in preventing wrinkles and sagging skin. Berries are powerful aids in keeping you looking young and beautiful.
- Chocolate: Didn’t your mother tell you that a little bit of what you fancy does you good? Well chocolate is everyone’s favourite and without a doubt it makes us all feel happy! Even scientists agree that if eaten as part of a balanced diet chocolate can make you feel happier and look more beautiful.
So now you know the ten things you should eat to look beautiful try a super packed fresh salad with salmon, oysters, broccoli, tomatoes, orange slices, and avocado tossed in olive oil, with berries dipped in chocolate for dessert and a big cup of green tea.
A recipe that will make you look beautiful and happy at the same time!