Celebrating Father's day with your hubby is about thanking him for being there for you as a great partner raising your family together.
The other part of Father's Day is connecting with your own Dad in a meaningful way. You can always buy him more golf balls or yet another gift certificate to Canadian Tire. But I think taking the time to to ask him these questions, getting to know your Dad in a new way and then recording the answers for posterity will be valuable for all involved.
5 Ways For Dads To Get Closer To Their Kids
So, here's the list of questions for you to ask your dad this Father's Day.
1. What did you enjoy most about being a Dad? Least?
2. Are there things you wish you had done differently as a father?
3. In what ways are we alike and in what ways are we different?
4. Why did you marry my mother?
5. Is there anything you every wanted to tell us (me) but have not?
6. What is the secret to raising good kids?
7. Is there anything you regret not having asked your parents (my grandparents)?
8. Do you think today’s fathers have it harder, easier or just different?
9. What do you want to make sure that my children and grandchildren will remember about you?
Let me know how it goes. Don't forget the kleenex.