It’s easy for a celeb to look glam all the time—they often have stylists and beauty teams at their beck and call. Why not benefit from their access to experts and take inspiration from their looks? In my Steal Her Style series, I’ll turn the spotlight on a Celeb Yummy Mummy and analyze the key elements behind her style. I’ll also pick some of my favourite casual outfits and recreate them with affordable pieces currently available in stores. If you have a Steal Her Style request for a future post, please leave it in the comment section below!
This month's spotlight is on Reese Witherspoon. This actress and mom-of-three is famous for her preppy and polished style. She favours crew-neck sweaters—layering them with button down shirts or topping them off with a scarf or jacket. She wears her jeans skinny and tucked into slouchy boots when it's cold, and cuffed with flats when it's warmer. A celeb after my own heart—she loves rotating her handbags and favours a variety of styles (handheld, cross-body, and shoulder). Adore her dreamy Chanel tote in the first picture! I especially love her coffee shop outfit, with a shrunken sweater and destructed jeans—it's very relaxed, yet pulled together.
STEAL HER STYLE:
2. Lazy Day Cropped Sweater, $18.80, Forever 21
3. TUMEN Boot, $139.98, ALDO
5. Hi-Rise Jegging, $27.79, American Eagle Outfitters
Hope you enjoyed the outfit breakdown. Don't forget to accessorize with your own coffee mug and radiant smile!
Who would you like to see featured on the next Steal Her Style post?
Photo Credit: FameFlyNet
Ahoy there readers! Sorry, it had to be said...
Take a break from the pretty pastels this Spring, and head straight for the Nautical trend. Crisp white, dark navy, pops of red — you won't regret choosing this classic style. Whether you prefer a fun anchor themed graphic or sailor-worthy stripes, there are a lot of great options available in-store now. Here are ten of my favorite nautical pieces, along with thoughts on how to style them.
1. Graphic Sweater, $36.94, Old Navy - This slim-fitting sequined sweater would look great layered over a classic white button down and paired with destroyed boyfriend jeans and heels.
2. Wrap Printed Blouse, $39, Smart Set - A pretty wrap shirt with a kitschy sailboat print. I'd pair it with slim black pants, a crystal necklace and ballet flats.
3. Peplum Top, $18.94, Old Navy - Peplum makes everything prettier! This top would look amazing with black tailored shorts and strappy sandals...and on colder days, try it with an oversized grey cardigan and faded blue jeans.
4. Anchor Sweater, $29, Joe Fresh - Green sweater, white jeans, tan shoes — an easy, preppy outfit!
5. Anchors Away Sweater, $18.80, Forever 21 - I would wear this fun graphic print sweater with dark rinse denim, and would add a pop of color with a lightweight lime green scarf.
DRESSES & ACCESSORIES:
1. Nautical Shift Dress, $29, Joe Fresh - Navy and white with a ribbon of green, this oh-so-chic dress can be worn with black tights and boots on colder days, and bare legs and tan sandals when it's warm!
2. Nautical Charm Bangle, $28, Alex and Ani - As a charm, the anchor symbolizes stability, tranquility and hope. This expandable wire bangle is a dainty way to bring positive energy into your life.
3. Nautical Striped Scarf, $10.80, Forever 21 - You can never have too many scarves in my opinion! This classic stripe would work well with any of the pieces pictured here.
4. Set Sail Pendant, $6.80, Forever 21 - A delicate pop of red, this pendant is a super cheap and adorable way to look ship-shape!
5. Crew Neck Sweater Dress, $34.95, Express - This sweater dress is very appropriate for the colder days of Spring. Worn with charcoal tights, a white scarf and black boots, it's a very warm and chic way to embrace the nautical trend.
I've fallen victim to the nautical trend myself — - here's a peek from my instagram into my latest shopping trip to Old Navy! One of these pieces made it's way home with me...
Valentine’s Day is a great occasion to spoil the important people in your life. So, whether you’re gifting a parent, sibling, partner, or friend, consider lavishing them with these pink and red pretties. And if you end up treating yourself . . . well, I’m sure that no one deserves it more!
1. 2 Park Avenue Lacey, $248, Kate Spade: This sweet pink and red treat looks like it was designed just for Valentine's Day. Made of leather with 14K gold-plated hardware and featuring a fun bow design, this zip-around continental wallet will make your loved one smile every time they peek in their bag.
2. Heart Silver Ring with Synthetic Sapphire, $50, Pandora: I'm secretly hoping hubby will get me this ring. I may have dropped some not-so-subtle hints. There is so much to love—the rose pink heart, the beaded texture. A little touch of luxury and sparkle packaged in a classic Pandora box.
3. Red Roses Cologne, $69.56/1 oz, Jo Malone: Fresh roses get discarded eventually, but this classic cologne contains the essence of seven types of roses along with violet leaves, lemon, and spearmint. Definitely a more long-lasting option than your typical Valentine's bouquet!
4. Pink Women's Glitters, $65, TOMS: Glittery shoes make EVERYTHING more fun! Plus they earn bonus points for being cushioned, comfortable, AND charitable—with TOMS gift-matching, a free pair is given to a child in need.
5. Mini Borough Bag, $378, Coach: The Borough bag has been on my radar, because it's the most coveted Coach bag. No overt logos, a sleek, original design crafted in heritage leather, this bag is an instant classic that will stand the test of time.
If you're yearning for any of these items, you may want to share this post 'by accident' . . .
Which of these gifts is your favourite?