Ahoy there readers! Sorry, it had to be said...
Take a break from the pretty pastels this Spring, and head straight for the Nautical trend. Crisp white, dark navy, pops of red — you won't regret choosing this classic style. Whether you prefer a fun anchor themed graphic or sailor-worthy stripes, there are a lot of great options available in-store now. Here are ten of my favorite nautical pieces, along with thoughts on how to style them.
1. Graphic Sweater, $36.94, Old Navy - This slim-fitting sequined sweater would look great layered over a classic white button down and paired with destroyed boyfriend jeans and heels.
2. Wrap Printed Blouse, $39, Smart Set - A pretty wrap shirt with a kitschy sailboat print. I'd pair it with slim black pants, a crystal necklace and ballet flats.
3. Peplum Top, $18.94, Old Navy - Peplum makes everything prettier! This top would look amazing with black tailored shorts and strappy sandals...and on colder days, try it with an oversized grey cardigan and faded blue jeans.
4. Anchor Sweater, $29, Joe Fresh - Green sweater, white jeans, tan shoes — an easy, preppy outfit!
5. Anchors Away Sweater, $18.80, Forever 21 - I would wear this fun graphic print sweater with dark rinse denim, and would add a pop of color with a lightweight lime green scarf.
DRESSES & ACCESSORIES:
1. Nautical Shift Dress, $29, Joe Fresh - Navy and white with a ribbon of green, this oh-so-chic dress can be worn with black tights and boots on colder days, and bare legs and tan sandals when it's warm!
2. Nautical Charm Bangle, $28, Alex and Ani - As a charm, the anchor symbolizes stability, tranquility and hope. This expandable wire bangle is a dainty way to bring positive energy into your life.
3. Nautical Striped Scarf, $10.80, Forever 21 - You can never have too many scarves in my opinion! This classic stripe would work well with any of the pieces pictured here.
4. Set Sail Pendant, $6.80, Forever 21 - A delicate pop of red, this pendant is a super cheap and adorable way to look ship-shape!
5. Crew Neck Sweater Dress, $34.95, Express - This sweater dress is very appropriate for the colder days of Spring. Worn with charcoal tights, a white scarf and black boots, it's a very warm and chic way to embrace the nautical trend.
I've fallen victim to the nautical trend myself — - here's a peek from my instagram into my latest shopping trip to Old Navy! One of these pieces made it's way home with me...