I love this recipe because it is sooo easy to make and on top of being healthy and low fat, the muffins are not too sweet. So they make a perfect afternoon snack or even a morning delight!
For 12 muffins
1 cup of all purpose flour ( I like unbleach organic pastry flour)
3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of butter
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/4 cup of plain yogurt (2% or non fat)
1/2 Granny smith apple grated
1 cup of fresh cranberries
1. Preheat the oven at 350F.
2. Butter or spay the muffin cups.
3. Mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Incorporate the butter and mix in the beaten egg, maple syrup, yogurt and grated apple.
5. Fold in the cranberries and spoon the batter evenly in the muffin tins.
Bake until done, about 20 minutes.