Health Canada has recalled the above sleepers and polo pyjamas with CA number 00108 in the following styles after it failed to meet the flammability requirements for children's sleepwear in Canada. The recall involves the following styles:
Model & Description:
- ANGLFR Pink and beige with small mice print and a cat applique on the front
- BEAVFR Brown and blue with a large beaver applique on the front
- BGIRFR Blue with giraffe print and a giraffe face applique on the left
- BLOOFR White with large red and orange flower print and frills on the bottom
- BLOWFR Stripped blue and light blue with an orange blow fish applique on the front
- BUGGFR Light green with small blue and orange blow fish applique on the front
- BULLFR Blue, red and beige with fire hydrant print and a bull dog applique on the front
- BUTTFR Fushia, pink and white with butterfly print and frills on bottom
- COWWFR Black and white cow pattern with the word moo on left chest area
- DINOFR Grey and dark blue with dinosaur prints and a dinosaur applique on the front
- DYNOFR Blue and dark blue with small dinosaur prints and a large dinosaur applique on the front
- EARLFR Light blue with small green and pink bird print and frill on the bottom
- ENGLFR Houndstooth pattern with fushia sleeves and frills on the bottom
- FISHFR Light blue with dark blue and orange fish print with an orange fish applique on the front
- GECKFR Light blue with dark blue spots, green sleeves and gecko applique on front
- GIRAFR Giraffe print with pink flowers and frills on the bottom
- JNGLFR Lime green with a lion face applique on the front
- LBUGFR Red with black polka dots and a larger white flower applique on the front. There are also with frills on the bottom.
- LITTFR Light and dark blue with small green and blue alien print with a green alien applique on front
- MODFFR Red, pink and fushia, large floral pattern and frills on the bottom
- PLADFR Fushia and pink with a ladybug applique on the front and frills on the bottom
- SHEAFR Lilac with pink hearts print with a large lilac heart shaped applique on front and frills on the bottom
- SSHOFR Striped lime green and pink with pink sleeves and a candy applique on the front and frills on the bottom
- STRAFR Red with strawberry applique in the front and frills on the bottom
- TERRFR Lime green and blue strips with a black and white terrier applique on the front
- TREEFR Pink with fushia, brown and pink flower print and frills on the bottom
2-piece Polo Pyjama—12, 18 and 24 months and 2-4 years
- BEAVJA Brown bottom and blue top with brown sleeves and large beaver applique on the front
Though neither Health Canada nor DoGree fashions Ltd. has received reports of incidents, loose-fitting cotton sleepwear poses a flammability risk.
Customers should immediately stop using the recalled sleepwear and return them to the place of purchase. For further information, please contact Do-Gree Fashions Ltd. by email.
From October 2010 to March 1st 2013, approximately 1,600 sleepers and polo pyjamas were sold in Canada.