I love shopping for and trying out beauty products. I could spend hours in stores like Sephora and Murale, and at all beauty counters in major department stores. Every few months, I fall in love with something new and add it to my "must-have-must-buy-must-tell-the-world-about" list.
Currently, here are my five favourite beauty products:
1. Moroccan Oil: I love going to hair salons that use Moroccan Oil on my hair. First of all, it smells divine... so, so good! And secondly, it makes hair so silky smooth and soft. I use it every day, and it takes away the frizz, too. You can pick this up at most hair salons. It is totally a hair game-changer. It costs $43.00—a little expensive, but trust me, it's worth it!
2. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture lip gloss: I love lip gloss and lipstick. Although my favourite is still MAC's Saint Germain, I always experiment with new shades of pink, and YSL always makes great lip gloss and lipsticks. This one is amazing, and has great lasting power. MAC lipstick usually sells for $15.00, and YSL is a bit more expensive, at $34.00. It's sold at Sephora, Murale, and Holt Renfrew.
3. Aveda Be Curly: For days when my hair is not straight, I air dry it naturally, and there is one product I swear by: Be Curly by Aveda. Like Moroccan Oil, I find Aveda products smell delicious, and they actually do what they're supposed to. Be Curly is perfect for anyone who has curly hair, and wants a product that fights frizz, helps bring out the best curl, and smells good. It works best right after a shower, and you can just let your hair air dry. I also use it when my hair is dry, if I want to bring out more curls. This sells for about $23.00, though some salons sell it for a bit more. Shop around, or shop online at aveda.com.
4. Burberry Body: I love things that smell good, but I'm sure you've figured that out by now, right? Adding to my list of best fragrances ever is the new Burberry Body for Women. It is so, so good. It's $75.00, and you can buy it at Murale and any department store. I usually stock up on Optimium Points and when I have enough, I always treat myself to a new perfume. Free! Gotta love it.
5. Benefit Ooh La Lift: I love everything by Benefit, really—from eye liners to eye shadows, Benefit makes great products in adorable packages. The Ooh La Lift is great to wear under your eyes, and just under your brow bone. This product is an instant under-eye brightening boost and helps "... perk up tired eyes." I wear this after all my other make-up has been applied. Consider this the best pick-me-up for your eys. It's $26.00 and it's sold at Sephora and Murale.
So there you have it—five of my favourite must-have and must-use beauty products that I currently can't live without!
What's your beauty product must-have?