My party-mobile has been out of gas lately, so to speak. Ah...kids. They do drain your tank now and then don’t they? In lieu of a real life social outing, how about getting to know each other better here with some virtual small talk? A little meme action might get this party started. I love memes. I enjoy filling in the blanks, but even more, I love memes. I enjoy filling in the blanks, but even more, I love reading what other people have to share.
I’d like to take the “me” out of meme and focus more on “you” (that IS what a good host does right? Listens to and gets to know her guests?).
Here’s A Youme between YOU and ME.
1. Give a snapshot of your life. Married? Kids? Pets? Career?Happily married ten years to a teacher. Two kids. Boy 7, Girl 4. A mutt named Roger. Teacher by trade, currently Stay-at-home house manager.
2. If you could be any nationality other than your own, what would it be? Greek.Love the warmth, the enthusiasm, the strong sense of family, the music, the food. It's all Greek to me.
3. Where’s your best thinking place? My best ideas come to me in the shower, while blow drying my hair or driving.
4. Name one thing you know you should give up, but can’t.Staying up late. It leaves me exhausted and unproductive, but I love my "quiet time" while the rest of my family is asleep.
5. Describe one thing that makes you so angry you could spit nails? Rudeness. Any time, any place. Online, in person and on the open road. Can't we all just get along?
6. What’s one meal you tend to make over and over again? (Because it’s tasty or just plain fast and easy). If you’re so inclined, paste in or link to the recipe. Costa Rican rice bowl. I'll post the recipe later. It's my family's fave. Even the kids like it. Plus it's cheap, easy and fast.
7. When is the last time you fell down? At the Blissdom Halloween party. I was pulling out some pretty complicated dance moves and fell on stage, losing my wig and twisting my ankle in the process. It was worth it though.*Addendum...only an hour after posting this I fell. A spectacular fall in my children's school parking lot. Right in front of the mini-van parade. I'm bruised (body and ego).
8. What’s something your partner does that drives you crazy? Loud chewing or any kind of slurping. I simply can't stand it and have to leave the room.
9. What scares you more a) public speaking b) bungee jumping c) horror flicks? Oh god, just the thought of bungee jumping makes me want to hurl. As an aside, I'm also deathly afraid of sharks.
10. Name one new thing you’d like to try before you die. Clearly NOT bungee jumping. Or anything really high up. Swimming with dolphins I think (as long as there are no sharks near by).
11. Tell about a time when you had your heart broken. I've had relationships with boyfriends end and cried into my pillow but I think even more painful and long lasting is being betrayed by a valued friend.That kind of sting stays with you.
12. It’s not considered bragging when somebody asks you to tell about something cool you’ve done. So spill. (You can even link to a something you’ve written or a video of yourself in action). I'm going to skip this one. This is about YOU. Not me. :)
13. What’s the best thing you’ve ever made? (and don’t say your family since we can all agree that making little humans can’t be beat). This is where you can link to a picture or description of something you made. i.e. art, handywork, a recipe or even an idea that you made happen. Again...you, not me.
14. Fill in the blanks:
a) Over the years I’ve become more confident and less organized.
b) I wish I was more driven and less worried about what other people think of me.
How do you turn this meme into a youme?
Cut and paste these questions into your own blog (Don’t have a blog? That’s ok, you can play on Facebook too!). Delete my answers and add yours. Invite your friends and readers to join in. Be sure to leave the link to your answers in the comment section below so we know where to go to read all about YOU.