What is going on this year? I feel like there have been A LOT of celebrity divorces (TomKat, Heidi and Seal, Russell Brand and Katy Perry, etc., etc.), and now we can add two more to the pile. Earlier this week, we found out that after thirty (YES, THIRTY!) years of marriage, Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman are divorcing. It was beyond shocking. They seemed like they'd really beaten the odds.
Then, more information started trickling out—turns out, you don't have to be Brad Pitt to get a lot of attention as a famous actor in Hollywood. Nope. You can be a petite man in his sixties and still have foxy young ladies crawling all over you. Apparently, DeVito's wandering eye eventually got the best of him, and Rhea had had enough and ended their marriage. I hear the final straw came when he was driving around in his private car (with a driver), with a young up-and-coming (a.k.a. wannabe) actress, making out (apparently, this was his M.O. for YEARS). I would be filing for divorce, too! Apparently, Rhea had been unhappy for close to ten years, and Danny just wasn't willing to make things better.
And then, today (Sunday), news breaks from Australia that after nine years of marriage, Russell Crowe's wife Danielle Spencer has filed for divorce. Crowe is currently filming the Noah's Ark movie stateside, and, apparently, his hectic schedule has given her enough to want to call it a day. These two have also known each other for over thirty years! They had met and were friends for twenty-two years before marrying in 2003.
More info could leak out before we wake tomorrow, but I hope this isn't another he's-a-cheater thing. This is why dudes get a bad rap—men in power get overwhelmed/excited about their positions and do stupid, stupid crap (like sleeping with young wannabes when you have a perfectly great, loving, and long-term-putting-up-with-your-shit partner at home).
So, spill it—what do you think of all these celebrity divorces?
Guys, I have a confession to make.
I haven't been to the movies in over a month (audible gasps).
I know. I know. We usually try and go twice a month, but with Matt's new job and us trying to sort out schedules, it's been a bit of a nightmare for couple time. So, I'm coming to you for help. Since I haven't been able to go to the movies in over a month, I'd love your movie reviews.
In the comments below, give us a little mini-review of a movie you've recently seen (spoiler free, please). Matt and I are aiming to go to the movies this Monday and maybe we'll make our viewing decision based on what you recommend here!
So, spill it! What movies are worth it (or not) for a date night?
Olivia Wilde, an actress and model (and fox) was married very young (at 19!) to an Italian prince and mega millionaire. They divorced in 2011. She began quietly dating Jason Sudeikis (who has dated Jennifer Aniston and January Jones in the past) earlier this year, and the other night, at an event hosted by Glamour Magazine, Wilde said the following about the end of her marriage to her Italian husband:
"I felt like my vagina died. Turned off. Lights out...And you can lie to your relatives at Christmas dinner and tell them everything on the home front is just peachy. But you cannot lie to your vagina."
Now, let me clarify. This wasn't overheard by someone eavesdropping on a private converstion. This was part of her presentation at the Glamour event. She went on to talk about her sex life with Sudeikis, saying, "we have sex like Kenyan marathon runners."
What does that even mean?
I'm all for open and frank sexual discussion in public, because, well, I'm all for any type of open and frank discussion at any time, but I'm wondering if the "vagina died" bit followed up with the "marathon runners" part isn't just a REALLY mean spirited way at sticking it to her ex-husband. And I'm not sure I'm particularly comfortable with her having to throw in the Kenyan bit. Like, you don't need to call out specific racial/cultural groups to say "we have marathon sex sessions!"
I'm just not sure I'm 100% on board with this. I'm like 70% on board...but not clear why the other 30% is lacking in my brain.
So, spill it! Do you think Wilde's comments crossed the line into TMI categories? Was she being mean?