Each year, stocking stuffers somehow always end up as an afterthought, despite my best intentions to get all of my Christmas shopping done before December—note that this has never happened to date...but I'm confident it will happen someday! Because it's always an afterthought, everyone always ends up with a stocking full of just Christmas chocolates. Not that there's anything wrong with chocolate, no one has every complained, it's just nice to have a little variety.
So this year, I am fully prepared. I've put together a list of fun, thoughtful, eco-friendly and green stocking stuffer ideas that your recipients will love and you will love giving.
1. Stylish Reusable Shopping Bags, $5.99 - $9.95, Envirosax. All reusable shopping bags are not created equal because they are not all stylish. These bags by Envirosax fit the stylish bill and you are sure to find a print everyone on your list will love.
2. Natural Gourmet Lip Balms, $4.00, Amazon.ca. What I love about these lip balms is that they come in a wide variety of appealing flavours and they are made from all-natural ingredients.
3. PELA iPhone Case, $29.95, PELA. Canadian-made PELA cases are made from flax fibre (flaxstic) and are biodegradable. A great choice if you are trying to avoid plastic.
4. Glass Dharma Straws, $39.95, Eko Bear. These straws can be used again and again and don't let the fact that they are made from glass scare you. They are made from borosilicate glassware so they have increased durability (they will not break easily). They come in a set of four so you'll have four separate gifts to give!
5. Brown Sugar and Kumquat Body Polish, $14.49, Well.ca. The winter is not kind to our skin, but this scrub will help get rid of dry flaky skin and give back your healthy, summery glow.
6. Cupcake Bath Bomb, $7.49, Well.ca. Have someone on your list who loves taking long relaxing baths? Then they will love these bath bombs. They are made from natural ingredients and contain skin-nourishing minerals and pure essential oils. What I love about them is that they are soft, so they can be broken apart and used piece-by-piece over time.
7. Fabric Coffee Coffee/Tea Cozy, $8.76, ckstictches. Skip the one-use cardboard cozies and buy a pretty one that can be used over and over again.
8. Fair Trade Chocolate, prices vary, Camino. There is nothing wrong with giving chocolate, just as long as the stocking isn't filled with just chocolate! I love giving fair-trade, organic chocolate from Camino to everyone on my list each year because they are high-quality, fair-trade, and delicious. They also make great fair-trade coffee and hot chocolate!