I despise living out of a suitcase.
I had to do it once for a week when my apartment was robbed, and my mom and I had to bunk down in a hotel room in Halifax with Finley during my first week of class. The term "shit show" comes to mind, but I survived and now break out in hives at the mere thought of packing for a night away from home—much less an entire weekend. As a woman with a full (read: overflowing) closet, I feel like a fish out of water when I don’t have the entirety of my pant collection to choose from.
The entirety of my pant collection is, however, the bane of my existence at 6:57 am, Monday through Friday, when I’m surrounded by twelve discarded pairs and feeling anxious because I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR.
But I digress.
Outfit planning is key when packing for a trip, but there really is a trick to it. With summer vacations, sleepovers with Mr Hockey Coach, and BlissDom Canada on the horizon, I feel like I should just leave my suitcase out from here on out. Whatever the occasion, these tips are sure to help you pack and look smart on vacation.
I’m gonna go ahead and use my list for BlissDom Canada here, because I’m a psychopath and planned what I’d be packing early. Like, four months early. (Judge not, sisters, judge not.) Go forth and pack!
1. Fitted Dress, Smart Set, $39.00
2. Knit Ruched Sleeve Blazer, Ricki’s, $79.50
3. Double-Breasted Jacket, H&M, $49.50
4. Western Tencel Popover Shirt, Gap, $64.95
1. Dark Wash Skinny Crop, Ricki’s, $29.99
2. Rib Knit Top, H&M, $19.95
3. Striped Boat neck Sweater, Joe Fresh, $29.00
4. Skinny Ponte Pant, Smart Set, $39.90
5. White Button-Down, Banana Republic, $64.50
6. Raglan-knit Cardigan, Gap, $54.95
1. Silk Cap Sleeve Blouse, Joe Fresh, $49.00
2. Striped Jersey Top, H&M, $12.95
3. Jersey Top, H&M, $12.95
4. Women’s Lattice Back Tank, Walmart, $12.00
5. Textured Skater Skirt, Smart Set, $35.90
6. Textured Yoke Shell, Ricki's, $39.50
1. Helina Flat, Naturalizer, $90.00
2. Suede Women’s Desert Wedge Highs, Toms, $110
3. Black Ivanka Boot, Chelsea Crew, $65.10
4. Leopard Print Flats, Steve Madden, $79.95
1. Raw Stone Studs, Humble Chic, $24.00
2. Filigree Leaf Necklace, Humble Chic, $41
3. Owl Hinge Bangle, Ricki's, $20.50
4. Owl Earrings, Simons.ca, $9.00
5. Kintla Crossbody Bag, Matt and Nat, $158.00
6. Ombre Damask Scarf, Forever 21, $10.80
7. Black Wide Buckle Belt, Old Navy, $14.00
8. Handbag, H&M, $49.95
9. Pietramelina, Aldo, $15.00
For BlissDom Canada, I’m packing:
I’m also packing my toiletries, business cards, iPad, phone charger, and probably some other random stuff I haven’t thought of yet. I’ll be picking up a new suitcase, too, I think. #FashionistaProblems
If you’re headed to BlissDom Canada, too, consider your bags packed. See you there, Yummies!