I know I don’t need to tell you, but Pantone announced Radiant Orchid as the colour for 2014, and it’s popping up everywhere!
I am thrilled because Radiant Orchid encompasses so many shades of pinks and purples, and in spite of having a stupid amount of stuff in my closet, I actually have very few pink and purple items. I take this as an excuse to go shopping.
I’m a huge fan of this year’s pick after the Emerald-craze last year (which is so not my colour), so I’ve rounded up a few of my faves! I want them all—especially those Chucks and the Pantone Universe nail polishes—not that I *need* more shoes or nail polish.
1. Converse sneakers, $54.99, SoftMoc
2. Pantone Universe cosmetics for Sephora (Check stores or website for individual prices)
3. Banana Republic Wild Orchid skirt, $98 CAD
4. Jessica Simpson Kiss Me Jegging, $45 CAD, Buckle.com (or The Bay stores!)—I know they’re a little on the dark side, but they’re gorgeous all the same.
5. Delray Beach Dress, $110, Modcloth.com
Don’t you just love the bright, gorgeousness of it all? Whether Radiant Orchid or otherwise, incorporating some colour into your wardrobe is a great way to spice it up and beat the wintry blues. Check out some small items that are sure to have a big impact on your look here!
Will you be wearing Radiant Orchid this year, or do you have your colours and stick to 'em?