I've been going to Blissdom Canada since the its inception. In the first two years, I was on a speaker on panels, and I've been a Community Leader in subsequent years.When the conference was first created, I was so excited to have a conference that was targeted to Canadians. I've been blogging for ten years now (I'm a dinosaur)(In more ways than that one), and while I love conferences held in the States that allow me to hug my friends who also share their feeeeeelings online, not all of the panel topics applied, and a lot of sponsors couldn't be bothered. We're Canadian, eh?
Blissdom Canada has been consistent every year, in that it keeps the numbers at a level that isn't overwhelming, and allows you to connect with those you want to. It also changes every year—be it the style of sessions, or round tables, or everything else they do. They have the pulse on what is happening in our crazy online (and offline!) world, and are continually evolving to meet our requests and push us on the path we may be too scared to start on.
BlissDom is always a weekend where I come back happy from late-night chats with friends, recharged from all of the people who speak, excited about the brands who (are Canadian, and) I connect with, and inspired to do better. To be better.
I'll be going to BlissDom Canada again this year, because missing it is not an option for me. It's given me the opportunity to work with brands who fit into my life and my personal site. It's also given me the opportunity to connect with people who have given me freelance writing work, including my site here at YMC.
Here are 5 reasons that you need to invest in yourself and come to BlissDom, too:
1. You are worth it. If you're a mom, you are probably used to putting your kids first, but it's okay to put yourself first once in awhile. You're worth it.
2. You will be inspired. You will take away at least one thing (probably many more) that will give you that kick of inspiration you didn't even know you were looking for.
3. You will make connections. Whether you are looking to form friendships with other writers, or develop relationships with brands, or both, this is the place to do it.
4. You will learn. There is so much wisdom shared both in the sessions and panels, and in late-night dinners, that you will walk away with a full heart and a full brain.
5. You will not regret it. Everyone has a different experience, but I've yet to hear a single person say that they regretted attending. You will experience the above four points and so much more.
Long story short, you need to be at BlissDom Canada. Will I see you there this year?
And check out these 10 Stress Busters For Conference Goers.
For more articles, tips, and tricks to help you get organized and make the most of your blog and business visit our BlissDom Canada 2014: How Do You Find Your Bliss? page.
Membership Has Its Perks!