So, I want to buy myself an island for Mother's Day.
No really, I do.
There's one for sale in Scotland. It's a bargain, really—they are practically begging me to buy it. It's called Tanera Mòr and the name itself is almost enough to sell me on this picturesque place. So, while I spend the next little while coming up with the cash, here are some other things I'd like to have that cost a wee bit less than £1.95m.
I'm kind of a unique cat in that I don't like chocolate, flowers, or jewels, typically. Because of this, you'd think I'm not the easiest person to buy things for. Truthfully, all it takes to get to this girl's heart are some freshly baked nut-free cookies. But, if you don't have an oven handy, I'll take any of these things.
1. Personalized Rolling Pin, $62.20, Etsy
2. Top Shelf Old Fashioned Glasses, $17.99, Stokes
3. The weirdest thing about this raincoat is that I have been eyeing it lately (due to all of the lovely rain we have been having) and then I saw my sister's photos from her recent trip to France and she has it...in yellow! What a crazy sister thing. Rainy Day Mac Coat, $219, Boden
4. Nine-Stone Crystal Necklace, $108.00 (plus 30% off with code GOSHOP), J.Crew
5. I need this for my office. Ireland City Map, on canvas, $50.71, Amazon
6. I was born and bred in Wisconsin. No, I promise, I was. That's why I'm a huge Green Bay Packers fan—and I really, really like beer and cheese. I call Canada home now, since that's where I hang my hat, but I'll proudly wear this Wisconsin t-shirt and let anyone know, if you can't already tell from my accent. The Home. T, $28. (Don't worry, they have other locations too!)
7. I have a thing about planes and pilots. And anything vintage. Have you seen the movie Memphis Belle? You should. You won't be sorry. Vintage Aviator Hat, 1938, $208.90, Etsy.
8. I have used a 50mm 1.8 lens for years and looooooooved it, but since upgrading my camera, it feels like it's time to upgrade this lens too. And since I can't afford the upgrade to the 1.2, this seems like a good compromise... Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, $459.99, Amazon.
9. Lomography Diana F+ Cuvee Prestige Camera, $99, Anthropologie
10. Burlap Message Board, $89, Ballard Designs
What about you? What do you want for Mother's Day?