As some of you may know I am the contributing beauty writer to City Style and Living magazine.
The winter edition will be published soon and I thought you might like a preview of my upcoming “how to” article which will be appearing in the magazine.
You can read this article, in its entirety, and past columns at City Style and Living. You will find a complete list of my favourite products to achieve the look!
1. Creating a bold lash is one of the greatest tricks in a makeup repertoire and one of the easiest to achieve.
2. Remember this technique takes time and precision so work carefully and deliberately. This is not a look that can be achieved without practice.
Step by Step
1. Line the table of the eye with a liner that matches the colour mascara selected. For example if you wear black mascara always pair it with black eyeliner. Brown with brown, navy with navy and so on. By matching the liner with the mascara the total effect is more seamless and realistic.
2. Use the same liner to create a thick wedge of liner at the outer corner of the upper eyelid. Smudge this wedge to create a smoky finish being careful not to over extend the effect too far to the temple. This wedge will create the illusion of fuller lashes.
3. Layer mascara first on the upper lashes holding the wand parallel to the lash. Apply a second and third layer of mascara focusing the application to the outer corner lashes. Apply mascara to the bottom lashes holding the wand perpendicular to the lash and just apply to the tips of the lash.
4. Outline the under eye and outer temple with a highlighting wand. This will make the dark areas of liner and mascara seem more pronounced creating a fuller finish look.
Miracle 10 is a Toronto based skincare line created by Dr. Frank Lista. Promoted as a “conservatively aggressive” skincare line that can stimulate collagen, elastin and glycosaminoglycan production in the skin. Miracle 10 is really just another doctor “created” skincare line that is becoming very popular with consumers. It is important to note that, regardless of the ad copy, these products are topical cosmetics and as such, will provide results similar to any well-formulated product. There is not one single ingredient used in Miracle 10 that cannot be found in countless product ranges.
Miracle 10 Firm - $85 for 50 mL
This cream claims to “lift”, “firm” and “reduce wrinkle depth”. To be clear, no product can lift or firm the skin the way that is implied but it is possible, through hydration and exfoliation, to reduce wrinkle appearance.
1. Excellent cell communicating ingredients that will offer profound results
2. Excellent combination of antioxidants, hydration and enzymes that will nourish and protect the skin
3. No fragrance or dyes included to reduce chances of irritation
1. No exfoliation ingredients to reduce wrinkle depth
2. Long duration for maximum results (10 weeks) – many similar products work more quickly
3. Basic time release moisture – from a medical line there are better delivery systems
Overall – a well priced, well formulated product
Using the best ingredients in the right combinations, this product will hydrate, protect and nourish the skin. The overhyped claims of firming, lifting and stimulating the skin are just that – overhyped. The ingredients are common and can be found in any well formulated product – there is nothing revolutionary about Miracle 10. At the same time there is nothing objectionable about the formula – just the inflated claims of results. A basic cosmetic offering basic results."