Once you’ve felt the overwhelming, crushing responsibility of taking care of a child, you never see the world the same again. You may not be a runner but you’re now on the longest marathon of your life.
You’re now one of the millions of mothers around the globe and yet ironically you feel isolated and alone.
You find yourself asking questions like:
- What have I gotten myself into?
- Why didn’t anyone tell me?
- How is it possible I can love one person so much?
- What’s the best detergent to remove stains?
- And…what happened to the woman I used to be.
We get it. You hear ‘Yummy Mummy’ and think you have to be a gorgeous, fit, mom who snapped back into her pre-body shape ten minutes after giving birth in order to be part of the club.
Not even close. We live in a place called reality.
YMC always has, and always will be, a state of mind. A woman trying to find the near impossible balance of raising kids while still finding time for herself.
She is you. Welcome to the club.