Part of the fun of celebrating Valentine’s Day is getting all dressed up. It’s the perfect excuse to indulge in hearts/pinks/reds or whatever else you may desire. In my house, we prefer to spend Valentine’s Day together as a family — with Hubby and I sneaking off for a date night on another less busy (and less expensive) night. But delaying the date doesn’t mean delaying the outfits — I spent last Valentine’s Day in a heart sweater — and plan on doing the same this year too!
Here are two outfits that I would love to wear on Valentine’s Day. The first is a day/casual outfit, with the requisite heart sweater. The grey and white color scheme makes the heart pattern more subtle, thus wearable on non-Valentine’s Days too! Pops of red in the skinny jeans and clutch are VERY love-day friendly, while the studded loafers and crystal necklace bring overall shimmer and sparkle.
1. Heart Tunic Sweater, $59.90, Express
2. Rockstar Zip-pocket Pants, $39.94 ($27.50 sale), Old Navy
3. Crystal Brooch Necklace, $55.50 ($38.50 sale), J.Crew Factory
4. Selma Zip Clutch, $137.80 ($103.34 sale), Michael Kors
5. Studded Flats, $26.94, Old Navy
The evening outfit features a red dress which is eye-catching without being too revealing (my favorite combination!) It is accessorized with a classic crystal necklace and nude heels, and set off with a fun fringed clutch.
1. Peplum Pencil Dress, $73.71, ASOS
2. Round Gem Necklace, $29.95, Le Chateau
3. Ronisha Mini Clutch, $65, Guess
4. BRASILIA Heels, $80 ($59.98 sale), ALDO
Which of these looks will you be wearing on Valentine’s Day?