This is the picture that woke me up to the sad state of affairs in my chest region.
I had worked out in a torrential downpour and my son had taken a picture of me, which is also why I'm blurry and look like I have no eyebrows. Much to my dismay there is about a foot of space between my chin and my boobs. My rack had fallen back. My breast friends were feeling low. My Cha-Chas were no longer dancing.
A week later, on the spur of the moment, I googled bra fittings and found a place nearby but you never really know if something is good on google, so I sent a private message to my friend @ShopWithRobin asking if she knew someplace my girls could get lifted. Sure enough, she gave me the name of the same place I had googled. I was off.
Here's what I learned when getting fitted for a bra.
1) It's not the cup size you need to worry about, it's the band size. The band is what offers most of the support.
2) You do not have to get naked to get measured. This is something I was worried about but had mentally prepared for so the moment I got into the change room with the woman who was measuring me, I started to strip down. Fortunately she stopped me before it became really embarrassing. They can measure through your t-shirt.
3) There is a proper way to get into a bra. You should lean forward so your girls fit into the cups nicely with everything pushed forward.
4) Once you have the bra on, whoever is helping you will make adjustments to the band and straps to get the perfect fit.
5) Be prepared to try on a few different styles to get the perfect fit.
6) Even if you are buying two of the exact same bra, try them both on just to be sure. I bought the same style in beige and black and the black bra was more snug.
7) Be prepared to have your clothes look WAY BETTER on you.
The difference between how my boobs looked before and how they look now isn't even comparable. If you've wanted to go for a bra fitting but shied away, take my uplifting advice and do it. You'll thank me for the mammaries.
p.s. If you need a bra fitting, you may also need this.