It is my morning ritual, and sometimes even an afternoon treat. It’s creamy and rich, sweet and comforting. I use only the best coffee grains. My favourite at the moment is New York, from Saecco, ground on the spot for the best aroma. My Italian espresso machine is old, but it still makes the best coffee.
What I like about this beauty, besides the fact that it is the perfect blue, is that it is small and easy to carry, so I take it with me whenever I go out to the country. Yes, I do.
Especially if I am having a little time off, I want to have the perfect coffee when I get up in the morning. I like a strong latte, so I make a short double espresso and foam enough milk (1%) to fill in the rest of the cup. I add cinnamon on top, because I love the taste. Also, because it is a champion spice, helping to reduce blood sugar levels and bad cholesterol.
Did you know that . . .
- Drinking a single cup of coffee provides the body with 300 phytochemicals, which act as antioxidants and stay in the body for up to a month.
- An espresso has 1/3 less caffeine than a regular coffee cup.
- It takes 40 coffee beans to make an espresso.
- A coffee tree lives for 60 to 70 years.
- Coffee has a mood boosting effect and may help ward off depression.
- Coffee stimulates the brain and activates short-term memory.
- Some studies even suggest that it may prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Worldwide, more than 1,400 million cups of coffee are drunk every day.
And what about you? I would love to read YOUR love affair with your coffee.