Once the cocktails have been organized, it's time to plan the noshy bits and bites.
1. Keep it simple.
2. Choose items that are easy to nibble one-handed.
3. Try to select items that can be made ahead of time and simply put out when guests arrive.
4. Choose several cold/room temperature items that can sit out for the duration of the party.
5. Serve 3 or 4 hot items right as they come out of the oven (when one hot dish is nearly finished, pop the next one in the oven and serve).
6. Think salty and savoury. “Cocktails have intense flavour so the snacks or hors d’oeuvres you serve with them should also be extra tasty. Salty snacks aren’t served in bars only to make patrons thirsty—the saltiness balances the sweet, bitter and sour notes in a cocktail.” Food and Drink Magazine/Winter Edition
To put together your cocktail party menu, choose 4-6 cold items, 3-4 hot dishes and 2-3 sweet treats from the suggestions below:
Cheese and Cracker Tray
Parmesan Cheese Cigarettes
Pringles—not fancy, but always to first to go!
Veggies and Dip
Guacamole and nacho chips
Assorted bake-and-serve appies
Pizza (bake a large pie and cut into bite sized pieces)
Hot Cheese Dip with veggie sticks or crackers
Assorted gourmet cookies, cake or squares
*This post is NOT sponsored. I just happen to enjoy these tasty bites. On another note, I am now craving meatballs...