A couple of months ago I was fortunate enough to attend a screening event and presentation of an upcoming Disney Pixar film, The Good Dinosaur.
And on November 25th it's finally going to be in theatres! Here are five reasons I'm totally pumped to see it:
1) My son is finally old enough to sit through a movie, and has a recent obsession with...DINOSAURS. Cole has only been to the movie theatre once before, and it was recently to see "Inside Out." He loved the film, loved the experience, and talked about it for weeks. I've been waiting for another great movie just so I can take him again!
2) The Director of the film, Peter Sohn, is a creative genius. After hearing him speak about his journey to Disney Pixar, and hearing him talk about this particular project, it is quite evident that every ounce of his love has been pourted into this film. So how can it be anything but amazing?
3) It's so beautiful, I couldn't look away. During the screening, there were moments where I was truly in disbelif that what I was watching was animation. My mind was blown. Espeically since my artisitc abilities tapped out at fifth grade (I'm pretty awesome at Pictionary though - just as a side note)
4) There is a great storyline and relationship between the characters. What I love about watching good movies and tv shows with my son is when they offer me opportunties to talk about things that might not normally come up in our day to day conversations. I have a feeling that this movie is going to spark a lot of curiosity, and I'll be spending the drive home from the theatre answering his non-stop stream of questions.
5) I love popcorn. It's the truth. We have popcorn nights twice a week at our house (Mondays and Fridays, incase you're wondering). And as much as I love our "healthy" hot-air popped popcorn, I absolutely cannot resist the high-calorie-artery-clogging-deliciousness of movie theatre popcorn. It's the truth.
If you'd like to check out the trailer for this stunning film - you can find it here (below). And if you'd like some movie-theatre popcorn...I know just the film to pair it with...