Ask.fm, a popular social network site, scoured their pages and compiled a list of the 20 hottest slang terms and acronyms that teens are using. Though terms tend to vary from network to network, this is a good overview across the board. This list should keep you from saying or doing something embarrassing - like inviting your kids to come watch Netflix and Chill.
1. TBR - To Be Rude. Said before someone reveals a harsh truth: "TBR I think you suck." Seems redundant on rudeness.
2. Peep - Short for people, like "My peep" or a quick look. Not a chick-shaped candy.
3. SMH - Shake My Head. Unbelievably dumb or wrong. The official reaction to all things Donald Trump.
4. THOT - That Ho Over There. Self explanatory. And it's still as derogatory as it sounds.
5. PAP - Post A Picture. Gotta see it to believe it.
6. Bad - Hot. To recap: bad used to mean cool, then it meant bad, now it means hot. Riiiight.
7. Ship - Short for relationship. When your kid in a 'ship' with another kid, it's not the boat variety.
8. :3 - Based on an anime cat face, it is supposed to look like the reaction to something clever or cute. Yah, I don't really see it either.
9. IDEK - I Don’t Even Know. No clue. Like "What just happened in here?" "OMG, IDEK"
10. IKR - I Know, Right? Exactly what I was thinking.
11. OOTD - Outfit Of The Day. Instagramers use this one a lot to share their own outfits or the OOTD that they found on someone else.
12. Dime - It's the 10 on a scale of 1-10. When something is awesome.
13. No chill - Not cool, embarrassing or irrational. Often used on parents in posts like "My mom has no chill."
14. Likers get rate - If you like the post or photo, the OP (original poster) will rank you amongst the others who like on some given scale (hotness etc).
15. Frog emoji + coffee cup emoji - Also known as "The Kermit Drinking Tea meme" is for when you call someone out on something then finish with "But that's none of my business."
16. Netflix and chill - There is no watching TV in this scenario. It is for hook-ups.
17. Savage - Something totally awesome. "That move you pulled was savage!"
18. AF - As Fuck. The best it can be. This is a Buzzfeed favourite. "Chris Pratt is hot AF in this pic." "10 times Adele was cool AF."
19. Slept - When you miss out on something because you slept through it, were extremely high or got hit in the head.
20. GOAT - Greatest Of All Time. Because when a goat in an OOTD is Dime AF, that's the GOAT.