It might not be the official Colour of the Year, but I am naming blush the unofficial colour of the year (and century), and I think you’ll agree that it’s the colour you really want to add to your wardrobe moving forward. This pale pink is flattering on almost all skin tones, and is the perfect transition shade the warm weather moves in.
Even though I love pink, it’s a colour I rarely wear because it *kinda* reminds me of little girls in tutus and the icing on baby shower cakes. Consider blush the grown up version of baby pink, with equal parts sophistication and sweet.
Not quite a true pink and not quite a cream or beige, blush is your new favourite neutral. Wear it with or in place of your dark, wintry neutrals to lighten up your overall look. It’s uber-romantic, always elegant and oh-so-feminine, and you can wear it anywhere, anytime. What’s not to love?
If you’re unsure about how to wear my new it colour, here are some ideas:
1. TOPSHOP Skinny Tailored Blazer, $88, topshop.com
2. MADEWELL Coated Cotton Skirt , $130, madewell.com
3. ALDO Madice Earrings, $11, aldoshoes.com
4. FRENCH CONNECTION Penny Plain Pleats Top, $55, piperlime.com
5. ARIELLA Cap-Sleeve Bridesmaid Dress, $220, houseoffraser.co.uk (perfect for wedding guests, too!)
6. ESSIE Spring 2014 Polishes in Romper Room or Spin the Bottle, $10, Shopper’s Drug Mart Stores
7. NASTY GAL Blushing Out Clutch, $53, nastygal.com
8. FRENCH CONNECTION Nambia Leather Platform Heels, $155, usa.frenchconnection.com